Business Development Representative
Join a high-powered team that’s doing big things
WattzOn is a VC-backed Energy Technology company with deep capabilities in machine learning and behavioral economics and proven results in driving consumers to engage and act on energy-savings opportunities. We are building on that track record to capitalize on the Solar gold rush by providing the industry with maps of the gold fields.
Working primarily by phone and other communications technologies, the Business Development Rep will exercise a high degree of independence and judgment in building a portfolio of commercial opportunities to achieve the company’s revenue targets.
As the BDR you will:
- Initiate contact with prospective customers employing a variety of tactics including networking, social media, email and high-volume calling.
- Understand your customers’ processes and challenges to assess and communicate whether and how WattzOn can address their most pressing challenges, and exercising judgment to determine which accounts to focus on.
- Determine a strategy to engage and build support for our solutions within customers’ organizations.
- Engage internal resources to develop appropriate solutions for your customers. Structure, negotiate and close commercial contracts for WattzOn’s software independently or teaming with field sales or sales management, depending on the account size and location.
- Use the super-cool HubSpot CRM and Marketing tools, contribute to the company’s knowledge base while learning from the experience of others and building your sales, energy and software experience.
EQ + IQ = YOU!
- You have a successful track record in sales or, if you haven’t had a formal sales job, you’ve been bringing people to the point of persuasion in other successful endeavors. You can quickly establish rapport and trust and build productive relationships over the phone.
- You have have a strong understanding of business and quickly identify the internal and external forces that drive businesses to procure software solutions.
- While ambitious and motivated, you work well in a team environment and are equally fulfilled helping others to succeed and winning on your own.
- You are intensely curious about and interested in CleanTech – if you’ve worked in the industry, you can share what you’ve learned; if you haven’t, you can show that you’ve done your homework and are ready to jump in.
Working at WattzOn
WattzOn’s proven leadership enables the company to grow fast without the fire drills. The environment is collegial, professional, fun and provides significant flexibility in how team members achieve their objectives. Contributions and learning across functions are encouraged and provide individual growth opportunities. The sales opportunity is fueled by an exploding solar market, a pressing need for our customers to accelerate customer acquisition and reduce sales costs, and a market-leading, patent-pending solution that our competitors cannot match.
Send us an email at email@example.com