Sales Support Engineer
Who are we?
Across the U.S., customers use WattzOn’s software platform to acquire residential utility data, provide personalized consumer engagement and actionable insights. WattzOn’s software platform — covering 90% of U.S. homes — enables nationwide product offers for residential energy customers. Customers include the leading residential solar and connected home companies, as well as numerous cities.
WattzOn’s software tools are offered via SaaS license, through our APIs, hosted solutions or our mobile web app.
WattzOn is located in Mountain View, CA.
Who are you?
- Passion and patience for helping customers.
- A critical thinker who is a natural problem solver and thrives on problem resolution success
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in an open, collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage stress and keep multiple balls in the air – this is a rapidly changing company!
- Thorough understanding of digital software products, web technologies, mobile applications and current trends.
- Solar and/or energy efficiency experience a plus
What will you do?
- Analyze, track and resolve customer issues in a prompt manner to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction by responding to customer-submitted email requests and live chats in a prompt manner.
- Work with Software development and Implementation teams to acquire knowledge on product features/functions. This knowledge will be critical to perform the support responsibilities.
- Oversee email support channel and phone support channel for our customer base
- Assist in customer training and launch events. Troubleshoot and guide customers through API implementation, website and mobile app usage.
- Stay up to date on new product features and improvements; create and update user guides and FAQ documents.
- Identify and communicate system issues to our QA and Development team both informally and through opening tickets. This may include reproducing customer issues and if necessary filing bug reports.
- Understand and adhere to agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs) and escalate complex cases to engineering and product team, and provide necessary documentation.
- QA and basic programming experience
- Require strong analytical skills including ability to translate business needs into application and operational requirements.
- Operate efficiently in a highly productive environment, passionate about learning new tools and technologies.
- Produce high quality work and meet regularly with the QA/Product teams for feedback and coaching
- Work well in conjunction with team members while maintaining a customer focus.
What skills do you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of customer service or technical support experience required.
- Experience with CRM software, such as Salesforce.com is preferred
- Stellar organization skills – nothing slips by you or falls through the cracks
- Support experience via phone, live chat or Slack
- Strong computer and troubleshooting skills
- Strong reading comprehension skills; the ability to identify the root cause of a problem and to articulate it to others in conversation and in written notes
- Customer-facing experience desired (retail, hospitality, online support, etc.)
- Good team and collaboration skills
To apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Principals only. No phone calls and no recruiters. Please put SALES SUPPORT ENGINEER in the subject line of the email.