Quality Assurance Software Engineer
WattzOn offers the industry-leading products that enable consumers and businesses to provide their utility data to third parties. GLYNT.AI is machine learning system that produces clean, labeled data from complex documents and forms. Our customers use a mix and match of both products.
WattzOn/GLYNT is looking for qualified individuals to join our Quality Assurance (QA) team. Our QA team serves two functions.
1) Develop and implement automated testing of our LINK and GLYNT products.
2) Serve as a training role for the unusual candidate, and grow that individual into a software engineering position
Previous members of the QA team had prior work experience as a rock and roll musician, a WordPress consultant and have college majors in environmental studies and creative writing. These successful graduates of our QA training program are now software engineers at WattzOn/GLYNT. They share three key qualities: Attention to detail; the ability to problem solve; the willingness and the discipline to constantly invest in themselves through this job, outside reading, and online courses.
What you’ll do:
- Build tests of new product features
- Build tests for data quality
- Design tests in collaboration with the Director of QA
- Use the standard QA tools
- Increase your proficiency in python and other standard software tools
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are interested in growing into a software engineering role
- Have demonstrated ability to problem solve (any discipline)
- Have demonstrated your interest in learning how to code by prior activities such as online courses, coding school and so on
- Are a clear, responsive communicator who is up to the challenge of working across a broad range of audiences in writing, on the phone, and in-person
- Are scrappy and enthusiastic – when you see something that needs to be fixed or improved, you take it on
- Have a track record of trying and learning new things, as well as investing in yourself
- Have a point of view but are low ego
- Work well in a highly transparent team environment
The qualified candidate will be a college graduate. We welcome applicants from non-technical fields, but be prepared to demonstrate how you applied abstract thinking and problem solving skills in an application of your choice.
WattzOn has a high-powered, innovative team, and we work in a highly transparent team environment. The successful candidate brings a mature, no drama attitude. We honor the work of others, by doing our best every day.
WattzOn is located in Mountain View, CA, close to the Mountain View Caltrain and Light Rail station. We are an equal opportunity employer
If you are interested in applying for this position, send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
WattzOn does not use recruiters.